Final Fantasy XIV's Latest Expansion "Shadowbringers" Announced at FanFest
Square Enix announced Final Fantasy XIV's latest expansion today titled Shadowbringers, which will be launching Summer, 2019. Shadowbringers will mark the start of Patch 5.0, just as Stormblood was 4.0 and Heavensward was 3.0. As many speculated in the past, Shadowbringers will be about a major conflict with the Garlean Empire.
- NPC battle-assist system called 'Trust' System (Likely similar to Trust system in Final Fantasy XI)
- World visit system - players will be able to visit worlds on the same data centere via Aetherytes in Limsa Lominsa, Gridania, and Ul'Dah. Freely move between these servers.
- New playable race (not officially revealed yet, but Yoshi-P had a T-Shirt with a bunny, so Viera is likely)
- New Game+ System (Can replay the whole main story quest or side job quests but without level sync)
- 9 New Dungeons
- Ishgard Housing
- New beast tribe: Nu Mou
- Job and role actions will be tweaked
- Battle system changes and removal of some abilities
- New story main story quests
- New level cap of 80
- New class (likely Gunblade)
- New data center for NA and EU
- New zones including The Rak'tika Greatwood
While the new story quests and the increased level cap are the main parts of any new expansion, there's a lot of goodies here to look forward to. While Gunblade is launching with Shadowbringers, the Blue Mage is launching in patch 4.5 before the new expansion.