MapleStory's Nova: Liberation of Cadena Update Launches, New Character Now Playable
Part 1 of the previously announced Nova update for MapleStory officially launched today. The Nova: Liberation of Cadena update introduces the brand new playable character Cadena, along with new 5th job skills, and a bunch of gameplay related changes. Keep in mind, additional parts of the Nova update are set to launch between now and January, 2018. Those interested in leveling the new Cadena class may want to hold off until the next triple burning event (every level up is 3 level ups) which begins December 14th, 2017.
For a list of all the major changes just check out the list below:
Nova: Liberation of Cadena update features:
- New Original Character, Cadena – The sole survivor of the evil Magnus’ attack on the Heliseum royal family, Cadena is a streetwise Thief raised by the Shadowdealers, and hardened by the rough-and-tumble backwater town of Savage Terminal. Cadena utilizes her Luck in preparation for revenge against the dastardly Magnus, and wields her trusty chain to ravage her enemies;
- Fifth Job Skills – Players can utilize new fifth job skills for all class types, such as Warrior, Magician, Bowman, Thief and Pirate. New skills include Ethereal Form, which allows Magicians to temporarily move to another dimension to reduce damage taken; and Overdrive, a Pirate job that enables players to push their weapons for max efficiency to deal immense damage for a limited time;
- Essential Gameplay Additions – For several years, MapleStory’s developers have worked to analyze and apply player feedback as part of their 'A Better Maple' initiative to create an engaging, immersive and exciting experience for all Maplers. The Nova update features several helpful gameplay changes, including an increased character slot count of up to 42 characters per world, an item drop confirmation prompt, and adding Maple News that updates Maplers on the latest news and updates as soon as they log in;
- Extensive Achievements – The new Maple Achievements feature allows players to track in-game progress across several categories, such as player levels, exploration, questing, hunting monsters, defeating powerful bosses and more. Completing achievements earns players Achievement Points, which determines player Achievement Rank, and rewards players with unique insignias and impressive visual effects;
- Challenging Spirit Savior Dungeon – Return to Arcana in the tricky Spirit Savior daily dungeon. Save as many Rock Spirits as possible to earn valuable Spirit Coins, which can be exchanged for the rare Arcane Symbol: Arcana;
- Exuberant Events – Participate in numerous unique events, including the return of the Name Change Event, where players can reinvent themselves with a creative new name!
Nova Boxes and Coins - Maplers can collect Nova Boxes and Nova Coins after defeating intense monsters, which can be exchanged for great rewards;
Breakthrough Nova Event - Players have the option to create a new character in the Breakthrough Nova Event, where they can level up their new character between Lv. 140 and 200 to complete missions and receive special gift boxes containing valuable Breakthrough Points;
Cryojet Mount – Pay a reasonable meso fee to board a special flying mount and travel over Henesys or Leafre, where players have thirty seconds to collect as many mesos as possible;
Dragon Pop – Acquire Dragon Energy and Dragon Pops to farm Nova Coins, equip useful rewards, and more;
Zero Creation Event – The popular Zero Creation Event returns, granting Maplers the opportunity to create a new character with the excellent Zero job.