Nexon's Q3 Revenues Exceed Outlook Due to DFO And MapleStory
Nexon's Q3 financial results have been published, revealing that the company's revenues exceeded outlook due to the strong performance of Dungeon Fighter Online and MapleStory during the third quarter. MapleStory is said to have performed "exceptionally" well in Korea, whereas it is noted that Dungeon Fighter Online's performance in Korea was "strong," whereas it was merely "solid" in China. The "National Day update" contributed to Dungeon Fighter Online's "solid performance" in China.
Overall third quarter revenues were 44.3 billion yen, which is an 11% year-over-year decrease. Operating income was 16.3 billion yen, which exceeded outlook due to "outperformance of revenues, particularly in China with higher margin" and "lower-than-planned costs including marketing costs."
The fourth quarter outlook is as follows.
- Expect fourth quarter 2016 revenues in the range of 39.3 to 42.2 billion yen.
- Expect PC online game revenues in the range of 28.0 to 29.7 billion yen.
- Expect mobile game revenues in the range of 11.3 to 12.5 billion yen.
- Expect operating income in the range of 8.2 to 10.3 billion yen.
- Expect net income attributable to owners of the parent in the range of 7.7 to 9.5 billion yen.
You can find more detailed information about Nexon's third quarter financial results on its investor relations website.