Peria Chronicles Interview Reveals It's Best Compared To Minecraft
In an interview with Korean media site ThisIsGame (TIG) the Peria Chronicles team revealed a number of interesting facts, including the notion that their game is best compared to Minecraft. Not what I expected. 2p.com has a cleaned up version of the interview if you aren't a fan of Google Translate.
Or, if you prefer a glance, here are the points that resonate:
- Peria Chronicles is nothing like Mabinogi. Former Mabinogi players, you will have to wait.
- The user interface is fully customizable, but you'll have to collect UI "props" from mobs to customize it. You can even trade UI parts with other players.
- Much of the game's content is created by players:
- Combat is not the game's focus.
- Instances are player-created.
Peria Chronicles will focus more on bringing a community together that wants to shape a shared world, create a village, and economy. It's nothing like what I expected. What I thought would end up being a typical MMORPG with anime-infused graphics is turning into its own sandbox novelty.
Whether or not that novelty fits with what players want from Peria Chronicles is another question.