Warframe Unveils New Open World Expansion 'Fortuna' and Switch Release
Digital Extremes unveiled the next expansion to Warframe today titled 'Fortuna' at the annual Warframe convention Tennocon. Fortuna is doubling down on open world content with the introduction of The Orb of Vallis. Besides the new open world area the update adds a new faction the Solaris, 2 new Warframes, new community created cosmetics, and more. Fortuna is aiming to launch sometime this Fall. The game is also launching on Nintendo Switch later this year, but no specific release date has been announced just yet.
Besides Fortuna, Digital Extremes unveiled another update for Warframe titled Codename: Raijack which will enable 1-4 players to board a warship to fight enemies on land and space while managing their own space crew.
Take a look at Codename: Railjack below:
Key Features in Fortuna Include:
- The Orb Vallis, The New Open World -- Building on the success of Plains of Eidolon's earthen Landscape, The Orb Vallis is Digital Extremes' massive new Landscape. Volatile, mercurial clouds of blue and orange loom over a sci-fi terrain populated with seascape flora, giant mushrooms, alien rock formations, rare creatures, and more.
- Solaris United and Fortuna -- The cyborg Faction Solaris United live in the Blade-Runner-esque Debt-Internment Colony, Fortuna. Similar to the gathering bazaars of Cetus in Plains of Eidolon, Fortuna is an underground hub city that serves as a factory to clean coolant rivers and doubles as a trading hub for the region.
- New Combat Experiences -- The Corpus occupiers, led by the profit-obsessed Nef Anyo, bring new technology and warriors to bear. Alongside new Corpus ground troop variants, monstrous new Spider Bot enemies of all shapes and sizes will challenge players to face their fears when they explore The Orb Vallis and face-off with the prophet of profit.
- Ride a Hoverboard -- Blaze across the wide open Venusian landscape by piloting the Bondi K-Drive. Call up this handy customizable hoverboard and quickly glide, jump, and trick across a variety of terrain.
- Join the Conservation Movement -- Switch your mindset from blast-happy mercenary to friendly savior. The strange, wonderful animals of the Vallis are going extinct. Explore the new world of Fortuna and apply your new skills to track, lure, and capture them for relocation.
- Musically -- The talented sound team at DE has engineered an alien-tech soundscape of eerie effects and ominous music that set the sonic tone for an incredibly rich experience, and they are joined by renowned sound composer Keith Power who has returned with an upbeat, hum-out-loud musical intro of Fortuna unlike anything you have heard before.