Elite Dangerous is a strategic sci-fi MMORPG where players command a starship, influence the rise and fall of governments, and the outcomes of war.
|Publisher: Frontier Developments
Type: Space Sim
Release Date: December 16, 2014
Pros: +Extensive ship customization options. +Large universe to explore. +Player-driven economy.
Cons: -Steep learning curve. -Grind to upgrade. -Shallow gameplay elements.
Elite Dangerous Overview
Elite Dangerous is a strategic sci-fi space sim developed and published by Frontier Developments using their own COBRA game engine. Players find themselves immersed in a 3D world centered around space exploration, trading, and combat. Starting with just a small amount of currency and a tiny ship, amass wealth and status to become an Elite. Provide goods that people need by participating in trade, delivering things like medicine or weapons via a player-driven economy. Upgrade, improve, and purchase ship parts and modular components to outfit the perfect spacecraft. Be a part of the world narrative by influencing the rise and fall of governments and the outcomes of war. Fly solo, or with a group of friends. Other features include a large missions system, intense large-scale PvP, and planet exploration.
Elite Dangerous Key Features:
- Extensive Spaceship Customization – with over hundreds of modular components, players can outfit their spacecrafts to match their needs and unique playstyles.
- Become a Trader – buy goods at a low price in one market, and sell them for profit in another sector of the galaxy. Choices will impact the game world for everyone thanks to the player-driven economy.
- Explore the Last Frontier – endless expanses of space exploration await, with undiscovered planets, blackholes, and moons spread throughout the galaxy.
- Influence the Universe – players can impact the game world with their choices in trade, combat, and war.
- Various Solo Missions – players have the option of completing a large variety of solo missions for currency and experience.
Elite Dangerous Screenshots
Elite Dangerous Featured Video
Elite Dangerous Review
Elite Dangerous Videos
Elite Dangerous Links
Elite Dangerous System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz / Phenom 9850 Quad-Core
RAM: 4 GB RAM
Video Card: GeForce GTX 260 / Radeon HD 4870
Hard Disk Space: 7 GB available space
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
CPU: Core i7-3770K 4-Core 3.5GHz / FX-4350
RAM: 8 GB RAM
Video Card: GeForce GTX 770 / Radeon R9 280X
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB available space
Elite Dangerous is also available for Mac OS X.
Elite Dangerous Music & Soundtrack
Elite Dangerous Additional Information
Developer(s): Frontier Developments
Publisher(s): Frontier Developments
Platforms: PC, Mac, Xbox One
Language(s): English, French, German, Russian, Spanish
Game Engine: COBRA Game Engine
PC Release Date: December 16, 2014
Steam Release Date: April 2, 2015
Xbox and Mac Release Date: October 6, 2015
Playstation 4 Release Date: TBD
- Elite Dangerous: Horizons - December 15, 2015
Development History / Background:
Elite Dangerous is a strategic sci-fi MMORPG developed and published by Frontier Developments. The game received its funding through Kickstarter in November 2012, and an alpha version was released in December 2013. Elite Dangerous was then released for the PC in December 2014, with a release through Valve's Steam service following shortly after in April 2015 (featuring a Mac beta test). An Xbox One and Mac release were made that same year in October.