Age of Ascent
Age of Ascent is an upcoming browser-based space MMO that focuses on real-time first-person shooter battles with thousands of players Pick from multiple ship classes and customized loadouts to take on the game's massive map derived from real world star catalogues.
|Publisher: Illyriad Games
Type: Simulation MMO
PvP: Open World
Release Date: TBA
Pros: +One massive game server. +Works on most computers. +PvP and PvE options. +Multiple ship classes.
Cons: -No release date yet. -Limited information.
Age of Ascent Overview
Age of Ascent is an upcoming free-to-play sci-fi MMO, notable for its ability to support thousands of online users at once in massive space combat battles, in real-time PvP. The game's primary gameplay focuses on customizing and piloting ships in first-person, with ten types of basic ships available and different customization modules to further tailor the ship to your own playstyle. A unique feature is the ability to team up with others and take on specialized roles on the game's ship, allowing players to focus solely on engineering, navigation, or shooting, which is rewarding to groups who can master their roles. Players can also craft items from resource nodes, trade with other players, look for blueprints, and more to suit players more interested in PvE.
Age of Ascent Key Features:
- Variety of Ships and Loadouts – customize and pilot a variety of distinct ship classes that will never become obsolete, which include: explorers, transports, scouts, destroyers, and more.
- Massive-Scale Combat – enter massive PvP battles, either as a solo ship or as part of a crew on a massive capital ship.
- Player-Led Economy – mine for nonrenewable resources and craft items from blueprints found all over the world, then trade them with other players or NPCs for currency or other items.
- Space Stations – build and maintain your own space station, jumpgate network, trade-lane, weapons platforms, and more, using parts crafted from resources found out in the game world.
- Join an Alliance – join friends in alliances which offer member roles, titles, forums, channels, permissions, hangars, and more to support any type of alliance operation available.
Age of Ascent Screenshots
Age of Ascent Featured Video
Age of Ascent Review
Age of Ascent Videos
Age of Ascent Online Links
Age of Ascent System Requirements
Operating System: XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Equivalent
Video Card: Any Graphics Card (Integrated works well too)
RAM: 512 MB
Hard Disk Space: 100 MB (Cache)
Age of Ascent is a browser-based MMO and will run smoothly on many lower-end PCs. The game was tested and works well on Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox and Chrome. Any modern web-browser should run the game smoothly, and the developers address any hardware / OS / browser combinations that may cause issues on their FAQ.
Age of Ascent Music & Soundtrack
Age of Ascent Additional Information
Developer: Illyriad Games
Announcement Date: February 28, 2014
World Record Attempt Date: March 14, 2014
Open Pre-Alpha Date: July 12, 2014
Release Date: TBA
Development History / Background:
Age of Ascent is being developed by Illyriad Games, a strategy game developer notable for their browser-based MMORTS Illyriad, launched in 2009. Age of Ascent is their second game, originally announced on February 28, 2014, notably powered by Microsoft Azure and WebGL. Microsoft Azure has not been widely used in gaming, making Age of Ascent one of the first games to utilize its on-demand cloud-based architecture to its fullest potential, designed to support over fifty-thousand players at once. Illyriad Games attempted to set a new world record for largest PvP battle on March 14, 2014, at the time trying to beat EVE Online's record of 4075 players, and failed due to not enough players showing up and server-switching designed to support a massive crowd, meaning that the active players were shuffled to different servers by the game's programming. Age of Ascent offers weekly open pre-alphas since July 21, 2014 on most Saturdays for 30 minutes, allowing the developers to keep players updated on the game's progress and to test their servers. The game currently does not have an announced release date.