Erectus The Game
Erectus is an empire building MMO set 10 thousand years in the past. In Erectus, players will have to expand their empire and form alliances with others in an attempt to defeat the Homo Erectus.
|Developer: Maata Games
Type: Empire Building MMO
Release Date: Q4 2016
Pros: +Multiple races to play. +Shared goals between players. +Alliance system.
Cons: -Dated graphics. -Features may change. -Clunky UI.
Erectus is an empire building MMO set in the distant past. In Erectus players control Homo Sapiens and they must fend off their more primal brethren Homo Erectus. In order to so players must grow their empires. The size of the players empire is based on how many cities they control. Each city has buildings that can built and upgraded. Different buildings give different bonuses and resources. The Homo Erectus are near impossible to defeat alone so players will have to form alliances. If two empires are not able to reach an agreement, they will war with each other for their lands. Erectus is completely free to play and browser based.
Erectus Key Features:
- Multiple Races to chose from - choose between four different races that each excel in their own way.
- Diplomacy - you can try to be the bully that bends everyone to your will, or you can form alliances with other empires to overcome your weaknesses.
- Common Goal - everyone is striving to defeat the Homo Erectus, the path you take to do it is up to you.
- PvP - while the endgame goal is to defeat the computer controlled Homo Erectus, there are PvP battles over resources and land.
- Educational - Erectus has a lot of accurate information about the past and it can be a fun way for children to learn.
Erectus Featured Video
Operating System: XP / Vista / 7 / 8
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Equivalent
Video Card: any graphics card (integrated works well, too)
RAM: 512 MB
Hard Disk Space: 100 MB (Cache)
Official system requirements have not yet been released for Erectus. The requirements above our based on our experience and will be updated when official numbers become available.
Erectus Music & Soundtrack
Erectus Additional Information
Developer(s): Maata Games BV
Publisher(s): Maata Games BV
Designers: Bomar Sinday, Dustin Ramirez
Artist: Alex Tavassoli, Gerrit Koolstra
Release Date: Q4 2016
Development History / Background:
Erectus is developed by Maata Games BV which is based in The Netherlands. Maata Games was established in 2013. Erectus The Game is Maata Games' first title. Maata Games focuses on developing educational games based on human history. The lead designers are Bomar Sinday and Dustin Ramirez. The artists are Alex Tavassoli and Gerrit Koolstra.