Realm Zero is an upcoming sandbox MMORPG that emphasizes a dynamic game world driven by player interactions. Players have complete control over their character progression and can freely change skills, with zero commitment, to create and test unique builds.
|Publisher: Realm Zero Devs
Type: Sandbox MMORPG
PvP: Full-Loot Open World
Release Date: TBA
Pros: +Variety of freely swappable skills. +World changes with player interaction. +Deep crafting system. +FPS combat.
Cons: -No firm release date. -Limited information.
Realm Zero Overview
Realm Zero is an upcoming sandbox MMORPG whose world morphs realistically to player actions, affecting everything from monster spawns, resource nodes, territory zones, and player housing. The game emphasizes the ability to do anything without restrictions or limits. Realm Zero's skills are non-permanent, allowing players to freely swap any skills they desire to adapt to a situation. The game's crafting system is highly detailed, requiring players to collect and supply dirt and water before planting their seeds, then maintain the water, infestation, poison, and fungus levels to keep their plants alive and flourishing. Claim a plot of land and design a home with the game's modular construction system, which must be built and maintained weekly to keep other players from claiming your land.
Realm Zero Key Features:
- Fluid Game World – affect the game world with every action you take, transforming monster spawns, resource nodes, and more.
- Freely Swap Skills – choose from the game's large variety of skills freely and tailor your character's abilities to suit your playstyle, with no permanent skill points or cost to swap skills.
- Robust Crafting System – craft using the game's detailed simulation of plant growth, requiring attention to its infestation, poison and fungus levels to create materials for crafting.
- Detailed House Ownership – acquire a land deed and pick out the perfect plot of land, then design and construct a home yourself, making sure to log in every two weeks to maintain ownership over the house.
- Full-loot PvP – jump into the action with the game's first-person combat and freely PvP with other players in most areas of the game, dropping all items upon death, except Blessed items, for a hardcore experience.
Realm Zero Screenshots
Realm Zero Featured Video
Realm Zero Review
Realm Zero Videos
Realm Zero Online Links
Realm Zero System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 or later
CPU: Core 2 Duo or better
Video Card: GeForce GTX 680 or better
RAM: 8 GB
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
Official system requirements have not yet been released for Realm Zero. The requirements above our based on our experience and will be updated when official numbers become available.
Realm Zero Music & Soundtrack
Realm Zero Additional Information
Developer: Realm Zero Devs
Game Engine: Unity
Kickstarter Launch Date: April 18, 2014
Open Alpha Date: December 18, 2014
Closed Alpha Date: January 26, 2015
Closed Beta Date: Q3 2016
Release Date: TBA
Development History / Background:
Realm Zero is being developed and published by Hank Newman, Realm Zero's project lead, along with a small team of other developers. The game has been in development since 2013 as a solo project, and has sought funding from crowdsourcing avenues. Realm Zero launched a Kickstarter on April 18, 2014, although it was not successfully funded, raising only $922 of its $320,000 goal. The game was since re-launched on GoFundMe with an $8,000 goal, with donations offering alpha access to the game. The game's alpha was initially open to all, and began on December 18, 2014. The developer decided to close it to new sign-ups on January 26, 2015, and is currently planning on releasing a closed beta in early Q3 of 2016.