Survived By is an online bullet-hell roguelite MMO with fast-paced gameplay, varied classes, and permadeath. Explore the charming pixel-art world and and slay hordes of enemies all while advancing through the game's unique progression system.
|Publisher: Digital Extremes
Type: 2D MMORPG
Release Date: Dec 5, 2018
Pros: +Unique permadeath progression. +Quick bullet-hell gameplay. +Distinct retro art style. +Earn premium currency in-game.
Cons: -Confusing UI and crafting system.
Survived By Overview
Survived By is a free-to-play roguelite MMO by Human Head Studios. Like a typical bullet hell game, players dodge and shoot hordes of enemies and projectiles. It has a unique permadeath mechanic which lets players earn a special currency called Valr upon death which can be used to upgrade all future characters. Gain levels, equipment, relics, and upon death convert these to a special currency called Valr which can be used to acquire or upgrade special passive abilities called Legacies. Explore the open world to find materials to craft weapons and armor, and take them into its procedurally generated dungeons to find even more enemies, bosses and loot. Survived By offers 3 starting classes, each with their own weapons, stats, and abilities, with additional classes unlocked at level 25.
Survived By Key Features:
- Quick Bullet Hell Combat – simple but exhilarating gameplay requiring quick reflexes and tactics.
- Procedurally Generated Dungeons - explore varied dungeons with enemies, bosses, and loot.
- Unique Permadeath Mechanic – each death lets players upgrade all future character, giving defensive or offensive boosts by acquiring legacies.
- Crafting System - collect materials and money in the world to create weapons and equipment.
- Fair Microtransactions - premium currency can be earned from daily quests, and aren't necessary to enjoy the game.
- Pixel Art Graphics - cute visuals reminiscent of classic 16-bit games.
- Unlockable Classes – players can choose between the starting classes Harbinger, Alchemist, and Infiltrator, with additional classes unlockable upon reaching level 25.
Survived By Screenshots
Survived By Featured Video
Survived By Review
Survived By Videos
Survived By Links
Survived By Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 or later
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
Video Card: GeForce 6600
RAM: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 500 MB available space
Survived By Additional Information
Developer: Human Head Studios
Publisher: Digital Extremes
Closed Beta Date: July 18, 2018
Steam Early Access Release Date: December 5, 2018
Development History / Background:
Survived By is developed by Human Head Studios, who released The Quiet Man in 2018. They are also known for assisting in several AAA games like Bioshock Infinite and Just Cause 3. The game is published by Digital Extremes, the company best known for publishing Warframe. It was first unveiled at PAX West 2017, and had its closed beta on July 18th, 2018, before opening to early access in December 5th of the same year.