Voxelnauts is a 3D voxel based MMO that is fully compatible with virtual reality headsets. Set in a sandbox universe, each player in Voxelnauts is free to bring their imagination to life using a host of crafting tools.
|Publisher: Retro Ronin
Type: Sandbox MMO
Release Date: TBA
Pros: +VR compatibility. +Prebuilt planets to explore. +Built custom planets, monsters, items, and more.
Cons: -Gameplay similar to other voxel games. -Limited information available. -No release date set.
Voxelnauts draws its inspiration from Minecraft, but hopes to take the sandbox genre to the next level with the help of virtual reality headsets like the Oculus Rift. Voxelnauts mixes fantasy and sci-fi elements by throwing players into a vast universe in which each player is free to create and customize their own planet.
Voxelnauts Key Features:
- One Universe, Infinite Worlds – journey through pre-existing planets before moving on to create your own.
- Wear Multiple Hats – play the part of an architect, blacksmith, miner, designer, and more. Players can craft unique houses, items, even monsters.
- Virtual Reality Ready – Developed with VR technology in mind. Voxelnauts takes the sandbox experience to the next dimension!
- PvP Features – join a faction and do battle to control pre-built fortresses on a PvP enabled planet.
- Multi-Platform Schedule – compatible with Windows / Mac / Linux out the gate with PS4/XB1 and Android/iOS versions planned.
Voxelnauts Featured Video
Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 / Mac OSX / Linux
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 3400+
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 400 / ATI Radeon 5000 series
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB
Operating System: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / Linux / Mac OSX
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 970
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 500 series / Radeon 7000 or better
RAM: 4 GB or better
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB or more
Voxelnauts has not published system requirements yet. These are estimates based on our experience. We will update the system requirements when they become available. Voxelnauts is also designed for VR headsets like the Oculus Rift.
Voxelnauts Music & Soundtrack
Voxelnauts Additional Information
Developer: Retro Ronin
Publisher: Retro Ronin
Game Engine: Custom In-House Engine
Kickstarter Start Date: May 17, 2015
Release Date: TBA
Development History / Background:
The studio behind Voxenauls originally raised $1 million dollars from Angel Investors but turned to Kickstarter with the goal of raising $200,000 more through crowdfunding. The game is being developed almost entirely in Linux but will release with Windows and Mac compatibility as well.
The core team of nine developers has years of experience working on a wide variety of video game projects including Starbound, Oculus VR, Firefall, and Guitar Heroes. Voxenauts is slated to release as a buy-to-play game, but may go free-to-play in the future if the player-driven economy aspects take off.