Sacrament is an upcoming MMORPG that implements a variety of unique features which include scaling difficulty, player-focused development, tailored loot tables, and more. The game sets itself apart from other MMORPGs by allowing more player freedom, focused on choice and story-building as opposed to straightforward A to B quest systems.
|Publisher: Ferocity Unbound Core Studios
PvP: Arena / Battlegrounds / World PvP
Release Date: TBA
Pros: +Focus on player choice. +Suitable for all playstyles. +Scaling difficulty.
Cons: -Overly ambitious feature list. -Early in development. -Tier system may bottleneck players.
Sacrament is an upcoming MMORPG that brings players back to the original fundamentals of an MMORPG: grouping, adventuring, community, reward, and challenge; it steers away from the linear, generic leanings of many modern games in the genre. Sacrament emphasizes player choice and freedom through a variety of features. One of the most notable being its tier system in place of traditional character levels. Rather than moving up in level towards a defined end-game cap, players fluidly move from tier to tier based on the content they've chosen to complete and their success at it, focusing more on scaling difficulty with player skill than holding the player's hand through the entire game. Some of its other features that set it apart are its balance between PvE, PvP, and social features, tailored loot tables, 28 unique classes based on roles, and more.
Sacrament Key Features:
- 28 Role-based Classes – going beyond the tank/DPS/healer "holy trinity" of MMORPG games, Sacrament separates roles further to create distinct classes and highly specific jobs for players to perform in combat.
- PvE, PvP, and Social Balance – the game offers a large variety of PvE, PvP, and social/crafting/roleplaying features to cater to all types of players.
- Varied Playable Races – play as Humans, Orcs, Gnomes, Halfings, Ursa, Goblins, and more that hail from different regions and climates in the game's world.
- Community-focused Development – visit the game's forums and interact directly with the game's founders and its dedicated community, building a massive game from the ground-up.
- Difficulty Tiers – play at your skill level instead of having content handed to you, and get ranked for your skill in content instead of your ability to complete straightforward collection quests.
Sacrament Featured Video
Sacrament Online Links
Sacrament System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 / 8 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 3.0 GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA 970M or better
RAM: 16 GB
Hard Disk Space: 15 GB
Official system requirements have not yet been released for Sacrament. The game's development team has addressed the question of System Requirements on their forums here. This section will be updated when official requirements are released.
Sacrament Music & Soundtrack
Sacrament Additional Information
Developer: Ferocity Unbound Core Studios
Release Date: TBA
Development History / Background:
Sacrament is being developed by Ferocity Unbound, a group of dedicated gamers and developers disappointed with the current state of MMORPG gaming, looking to create a game that is player-oriented, not money-oriented. They are a small volunteer-based team making headway in their free time, and plan on funding their game through crowdfunding. Their development process is fairly transparent compared to other MMO developers, as their founders regularly post on the forums, host podcasts, create detailed blog posts, and answer difficult questions.